Monday, August 23, 2010

Newman's Own Organics - Review

Newman's Own Organics started in 1993 as part of Newman's Own, making pretzels as their first product. But, they have since grown into an independent company, making products ranging from snack foods to tea to balsamic vinegar and olive oil! They even have their own pet food line, sold in specialty pet stores and other health-food stores.

One thing I love in a company is charitable giving. The sale of all Newman’s Own Organics products generates money for the Newman’s Own Foundation, and Paul Newman and the Newman’s Own Foundation have donated more than $285 million dollars to educational and charitable organizations worldwide! That is some serious cash!

Check out the awesome review package they sent for me and my family to try. It was like Christmas morning when we opened the box. Just like children eying the loot under the tree, we wanted to open it all at once. Of course, the first thing I did was shoo my kiddos out when I saw the cookies and chocolate! And then, we broke open were those chocolate bars. So let me give you the break down of everything, here are my top 5 favorites:

1. Newman's Own Organics Protein Pretzels - So yes, these are tasty pretzels, but that is not why I am in LOVE with them. My two-year old son is such a picky eater, basically he survives on carbs and dairy. He eats absolutely no meat or beans, so when he wanted to snack on these pretzels I did a little jig. What a great way to get protein! I'm going to be buying these for the rest of my life.






2. Newman's Own Organics Newman-O's - Really, you HAVE to try these. They are better than Oreos, hands down! They are so good and so filling. Honestly I could sit and eat a bag of Oreos in a sitting, but I could only eat 3 or 4 of these because they are so rich, in deliciously evil way.




3. Newman's Own Organics Super Dark Chocolate (70% Cocoa) - I really like chocolate, but I'm not a huge fan of dark chocolate. However, this was the best dark chocolate I've ever had. It was smooth and rich, but not bitter like you might think super dark chocolate would be. I shared the bar with one of my girlfriends over a bottle of wine and I can tell you we had a very good night!

4. Newman's Own Organic Soy Crisps Barbecue Flavor - These were just plain good! My kids both loved them and so did I. Once again, I love that these have protein because they are made with soy. The flavor was a sweet barbecue that paired well with the crunchy cake. This was the second thing gone from our sampler package, even before the cookies!

  





5. Newman's Own Champion Chip Cookies, Chocolate Chip - Honestly, this is my new favorite packaged cookie. It sounds ridiculous, right? I can't help it, they are divine. There is something about the pairing of the sugar and chocolate they use that just makes it soooooo good. I ate one and thought, "oh, that is pretty good", ate two and thought "wow, these are yummy", ate three and thought "must eat cookies, nom, nom, nom". I didn't share this bag with anyone in my house. I think you would be very hard pressed to find another packaged cookie with the same flavor, organic or not!

I know it seems like I am over selling these products, but honestly, they really are that good! I'm a convert, and you will be too when you try any one of Newman's Own Organics products.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is PR Friendly!