Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Son Ate Vegetables For The First Time in a Year! - Ella's Kitchen Review

So, my first born is exactly like me and it gets him into a lot of trouble! He is very blunt, routined, and can be moody. He has some autistic tendencies, but hasn't been diagnosed with autism. For example, he is a very picky eater and chooses what he eats based on texture a lot of the time. As a baby, he loved green vegetables and sweet potatoes, but once we transitioned to table food he wouldn't eat them any more. I've tried every mom trick I have to get him to eat veggies from turning them into trains, hiding them in other foods, not letting him eat anything else until he tries them, and on and on to no avail. So needless to say I was somewhat skeptical when I was given the opportunity to review some Ella's Kitchen products.
Ella's Kitchen is a company started by a father who wanted to make healthy foods for his daughter, I love that! They sell a variety of baby foods and snacks made from organic fruits and vegetables. Ella's Kitchen sent me three pouches to review:

Carrots, Apples, & Parsnips
Sweet Potatoes, Pumpkin, Apples, & Blueberries
The Red One (Strawberries, Raspberries, Apples, & Bananas)

My children have tried fruit in pouches before, and after much convincing my son has grown to love them. I must admit, that no matter what is in the pouch I tell my son it is applesauce and then he likes it. So, when these arrived and I took them out of the box, and both my son and daughter ran to my side to fight over who got what. Seeing that there were two with veggies I decided that Rosie could have the fruit one because I knew she would love all three. And, I would give the two with veggies to Abe.

Nervously I handed my son the Sweet Potato one at dinner time. He said, "ummm, applesauce" and started eating. I sat there feeling hopeful and terribly guilty, just waiting for him to say anything. But he didn't, he just sat there and ate and ate. He eventually sucked out every last drop and then when he was finished said, "ok, I want more!".  I tried to hide my enthusiasm over him eating "applesauce" but I silently did a little happy dance.

Here is Abe trying his best to get every last drop of the Sweet Potatoes, Pumpkin, Apples & Blueberries.
He later tried the one with carrots and loved it just as much. Rosie of course loved "The Red One" too. I just can't say enough good things about a company that could get my son to eat vegetables.

Little Rosita loved her fruit mix!
Check out Ella's Kitchen at their website, facebook page, or twitter page. You can also buy Ella's Kitchen products at Babies R Us/Toys R Us and on Amazon.com. You can bet these are going to become a staple in my house. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is PR Friendly!