Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Amy's Organics Review & A Yummy Chicken Biscplosion Recipe

My mother recently became vegan....I know, right? It is something I could never do. Not that I would miss meat so much, but oh how I would miss dairy. However, she switched for medical reasons and is already feeling so much better. Watching her become a more healthy person has made we try to make more healthy food selections for my family that still fit into our budget. We don't have any dietary restrictions, but organic is something I am trying to encorporate.

Amy's Kitchen is an organic food company that has some of the yummiest enchiladas I have ever tasted. They specialize in frozen organic vegetarian meals for those who want to eat fast and healthy (hard to do)! They have gluten free and vegan meals as well. 

From their website:
"We didn’t set out to become the nation’s leading natural frozen food brand. All we wanted to do was create a business that would allow us to earn a living by providing convenient and tasty natural vegetarian meals for people like ourselves, who appreciated good food, but were often too busy to cook "from scratch."

So, what did I decide to try you ask? Well, I thought I would try some things that my family normally eats, but do them Amy's style. So, I left the store with a can of Organic Cream of Mushroom Soup and 2 Rice Crust Cheese Pizzas.




Here's what I made with that can of Cream of Mushroom Soup! The bubbling over let's you know it is DELICIOUS!

Chicken Casserole (Yeah, bad name)....How about....Chicken Biscplosion

1/2 Cup Chopped Celery
1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
1 Tbsp Butter
2 Cups Cut-up Cooked Chicken
1 Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits, Cut in Quarters
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 Cup Milk
Some Sort Of Cruncy Topping - I used Crispix, you could use Potato Chips or French's Fried Onions, etc.

Saute celery and onion in the butter, (Yes, it has to be real butter!). In a greased casserole dish layer chicken, then shredded cheese. Add celery and onion mixture. Place biscuits cut in quarters on top. Simmer mushroom soup and milk. Pour over all and add crushed chips on top. Bake at 350 degrees, covered for 1 hour. 

P.S. - Use a 2 Qt. Casserole, or you may have some Biscplosion like I did!
So what does this have to do with Amy's. Well I did use their product to make a meat dish, but I think it added a ton of flavor!!! Their Cream of Mushroom Soup was the best canned product I have ever used, hands down. I personally hate mushrooms, and this did contain a lot of mushroom pieces, but in this casserole I didn't even notice. All I noticed was the creamy deliciousness that melted into the biscuits and created a very earthy flavor. Seriously, you have to try this. It seems so simple, but it was soooo good!

Finally, we tried their Rice Crust Pizza. I thought it was super yummy and I was very skeptical. My daughter and I had it for lunch one day, and I honestly thought the crust was better than any other frozen pizza I've had. It had a nice texture to it, instead of being just a cracker like crust as some other frozen pizzas can be. Also, my one year old daughter really loved it too. She still doesn't have very many teeth, and so table foods are hard for her. But, at the same time she really wants to eat what we are eating, so this was perfect. The crust is more mealy than other pizzas, so she was able to break it down with her gums as opposed to other pizzas. 

I would give both Amy's Kitchen products I tried a five star rating, and would recommend them to anyone! Plus, you have to try this recipe....so....good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is PR Friendly!