1. No fruit snacks and no juice! Both my pediatrician and pediatric dentist agreed that these were the worst foods for childrens' teeth!
2. A good milk intake ensures that your child is getting a good amount of calcium which is important for building healthy bones.
3. Brush twice a day, duh, right?
4. When we brush teeth with our kids we brush for them first, and then our children do it on their own. We make sure it gets done right and our kids get a good model, and then they get to try on their own. My little Rosebud loves brushing her teeth, sometimes it id a struggle to get the toothbrush back from her!
5. We are teaching our son to floss! That's right, you have to teach your kiddos to floss, it isn't something they just know how to do. My mom never taught me, so I never did it until I was an adult. I want my kids to start this habitual practice now so they always do it!
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Trident blogging program, making me eligible to get a $25 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.