Monday, July 12, 2010

Glue Dots Summer Project

TwitterMoms and Glue Dots® Adhesives have teamed up to bring you a fun and creative Summer Bonding Project!


"Glue Dots are a great and safe alternative to typical tapes and glue guns. They are versatile and work on a variety of surfaces including: paper/photos, metal, wood, plastic, textiles and fibers, plastic, foam, and more! Glue Dots are a no-mess solution to all adhesive or glue needs. Bonding instantly, they require no dry time and provide instant gratification for kids and adults. Glue Dots provide the strength you need in an adhesive without the mess and dry time of liquid glues."

Oh Glue Dots, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

I have to admit that I have an addiction, a scrapbooking addiction. A couple years before I had children, my friends introduced me to the wide world of scrapbooking. I admit that in the grand scheme of things, I know very little, but I do know that without Glue Dots I would be a very sad scrapbooker.

Anyway, before kids I was chugging along trying to catch up on a lifetime of pictures, school programs, graduations, and homecomings that were memorable enough to make it into the golden book. Before my first son was born I bought papers and stickers, brads and stamps, ribbon and cardstock, all in shades of baby blue. I saved every card from every baby shower thinking I could scrap each one. I mean come on, a newborn sleeps 20 hours a day, of course I'll have time to scrapbook every smile, cry, yawn, and poop, right?

Ok, stop laughing, I had high hopes. Anyway two more children later and I still haven't made it out of the hospital in my first born's scrapbook.

So as I sat looking at the pile of cards he received and the even bigger pile of pictures. I questioned how I could use both without filling an entire book of his first 24 hours. I ended up cutting out some of the details from the baby shower cards to embellish the pages, and I think it turned out great. It gives the pages sentimental details as well as an inexpensive way to decorate.



Glue Dots made it so easy and quick to get these few pages done in no time. And come on, any scrapbooking mom knows time is of the essence. One tiny dot is all I needed for most of those embellishments, and I just stuck one on each corner of the pictures as well. Those dots are sticky, so I know once I place the objects on the paper they aren't going to move when I try to slide the page into the scrapbook.

The best part about Glue Dots is that you can use them for so many projects besides scrapbooking: crafts with the kids, decorating, DIY projects, and household quick fixes!


Learn more about Glue Dots products and uses here, or join Glue Dots on Facebook!

I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Glue Dots blogging contest to be eligible to receive a $30 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is PR Friendly!